Saturday, December 20, 2008

Remembrances

Dear Jim and family:
I am very sad that the weather prevented me from joining you today and sharing in the remembrances of my friend Vaiva's most exceptional life. I think of our childhood, and warmly remember our games, and songs and dances, and how the bond of our common heritage made us all feel very special.
But it was Vaiva, with her tenacity and patriotism, who ensured that we would never forget our roots, and kept the spirit of our culture alive. In my heart, she will forever be the symbol of Lithuania and I thank her for her unwavering committment.
I have such beautiful pictures of Vaiva from our childhood and the Vetra days. I will scan and send to you. But I just wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. The entire Lithuanian community mourns your loss.
With deepest condolences,
Lina (Puslyte) Perrotti

No comments:

Post a Comment