Oh Arai I just don't know what to say, I can't even begin to imagine how you and your family are feeling at the moment. I must say when I saw your e-mail arrive in my inbox this morning my stomach lurched and I couldn't bring myself to open it for a couple of hours, but I eventually did and naturally the title of the e-mail confirmed my worst fear for all of you. I have always thought to myself that if I am to have children in the future I would model my mothering style on your Mama, you guys all had such a brilliant relationship with her and in turn from various stories you have told me her support was unwavering.
I am also remembering with a smile when you e-mailed me just to show me an excerpt of an online chat you had been having with your Mum, at first you guys were conversing in Lithuanian and then you suddenly stopped to tell her in English "What?! You're still in your pajamas?!!! She had no idea what you meant but then picked up when she realised that in one of her preceding sentences she had in fact used the Lithuanian word for 'earnings', pajamos, and then both of you were laughing about it. I could see in the way you guys conversed with each other in that brief excerpt just how deep your relationship was and just how much you loved her and I thought that if I could ever achieve the same with my own children I would definitely regard myself as successful, not to mention her determination and success in furthering the development of the education system in Lithuania.
Also, I was reading the blog your father set up and couldn't help but be taken aback by his description of the weather and the rain pouring down, because although it is now summer here in Australia the day your mother died (taking into account the time difference) was the wettest day of the year here, and at the actual time of your mother's death there was a storm in the suburb where I live. I mentioned this to my mother and also how someone had said that God was crying, but then your Dad pointed out how could He be because your Mama was on the way and my mother replied that maybe He was apologising. I don't know, I am babbling by now.
I will say a prayer for you and your family, and, above all, say a prayer and light a candle for your mother. If I can be even half the woman and mother she was I know I will have succeeded in life.
Much love always mate, Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment