[Jim Macdonald was the senior editor and my mentor at The Merrill Anderson Company until his retirement in 1997. He continues to blog with me at trustmarketing.blogspot.com, and his excellent posts demonstrate the same insight and skills as his work for trust departments during his career. The following excerpt is from an e-mail received December 26.]
Jim--
Pat and I were deeply saddened to learn that Vaiva's cancer had returned and claimed her life. That disease has many sins to answer for. In recent decades we saw Vaiva only through photos and videos you occasionally shared, but I still remember the first times I met her. The very first was when you dragged her to a trust conference. What a somber, serious young women she seemed. Awfully bright, but hardly the life of the party. The second "first time" was when you brought her to see our new office space in Connecticut. I heard lilting laughter behind me and turned around. The serious young woman had vanished, replaced by a dark-haired beauty with shining eyes, twirling to smile up at her husband as they shared a private amusement.
I knew then I had been granted a glimpse of the girl you married, and the memory stuck. As several posts to myvaiva have suggested, memories do not terminate.
Pat and I are glad that Vaiva enjoyed at least a taste of grandparenthood. Adrija looks like a delightful addition to the family.
Jim Macdonald
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment