This first one includes Vaiva's girlhood, her mother, father and aunt Lijole. The top right is a shot I took during her freshman year at MIT. Under it is a bedroom shot after our first son, Aras, was born.
In the center are photos of Vaiva's half sister and two half brothers in Lithuania. Along the bottom we have scenes from our family life, including the dance rehearsal for the Toronto Svente.
The collection below includes a signature template for the "Free Lithuania Now" petition, asking Bush I and our Congress to support the Baltic states quest to leave the Soviet Union. I believe that she collected about 120,000 signatures by sending the template to Lithuanians all over the U.S. We had a photo of her presenting the petition to Senator Robert Dole, but I haven't seen it in years I'm afraid.
We also display Volume 1, Number 1 of Report to the Corps, Vaiva's communication to her A.P.P.L.E. friends and supporters.
We have photos of activism, a.p.p.l.e. leadership, and our wedding. In the center is a photo of Vaiva with granddaughter Adrija and President Adamkus.
I just realized that we didn't include anything from Vaiva's final year. I suppose that's because I remember it, and these are from longer ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment