Sunday, January 25, 2009

Coincidence

Lokys and I watched a TiVo'd episode of Pushing Daisies last week. At the end, Kristin Chenoweth sang a lovely song that I sort of recognized but didn't know--I observed to Lokys that perhaps if they'd had her sing every week the show wouldn't have been canceled.

Here's the beginning of the song:

Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating, do you understand?
Do you feel the same, am I only dreaming?

Next night we're watching another TiVo'd show, this one from Comedy Central, a standup routine that was originally filmed in 2001 of Zach Galifianakis. His final bit included an a capella version of the very same song, performed by the Night Owls.

As I seemed to be getting a message, I tracked down the song. It's Eternal Flame, by the Bangles. Original music video performance here.

No comments:

Post a Comment