Saturday, February 21, 2009

Vaiva and a few friends

In my role as Rush Chairman in the Spring of 1972, I needed photographs for the Rush Book, the bit of advertising that we would send to all the MIT incoming freshmen in the summer of 1972. Traditionally, our Rush Book had a photo taken on the front porch, of members in a pose that prospects would find welcoming, or intriguing. Fortunately, I had a high quality Nikkormat camera that my parents had given me for Christmas 1971, in anticipation of my January in Morocco with fraternity brother Safwan Bengelloun (a story for another day).

I took a couple dozen photos of various fraternity members in different poses, trying to getting something that would be friendly, interesting, and inviting. These included Vaiva.

The photos above and below capture the address, 259, on St. Paul St. in Brookline.

The photo below is the one that we used on the cover that year. I sort of remember it, but the giveaway is the crop markings at the edges.


Boy, was I ever skinny in those days! When I see this, I have to wonder what Vaiva saw in me?

No comments:

Post a Comment