Friday, October 9, 2009

Condolences from Dick Myrick

Jim,

I was so, so saddened to read in the Epsilon Theta Alumni Newsletter that Vaiva had passed away. It is hard to believe that such a vivacious, committed, and charming woman would not still be with us and with you. I still remember well the role that you both had during the time just after Epsilon Theta had become coed, when so much had to be worked out. Vaiva could always be relied on for practical advice, good humor, and wonderful Lithuanian food. I could tell then that she was a person who would make a difference, and the entries in the blog make that so clear what an impact she had. You should indeed be so proud, even in this most terrible time. Are you in the Boston area? Please let me know as I hope we can get together.

Dick Myrick

PC ‘67

DMyrick@alum.mit.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment