Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yesterday

What a weird day I had.

First, I woke up nervous and anxious for an appointment to get an opinion on a new mole... fortunately, all my skin lesions appear harmless, and the physician I had is my new hero.

Next, I started planning a new project for the end of the summer, which will be hard, but I look forward to it.

Then, I drove to the Greenville Saturn dealership in the heat with no AC, and dark clouds came over me... I worried about ensuing thunderstorms and about my broken car and about the cost of taking a rental car for the weekend... I realized that I had forgotten the upcoming picnic, and I cried outside lying on a bench listening to Josh Ritter and looking up at the huge linden tree above me and feeling the warm wind blowing hard. When I stopped and went inside, I found out that I can take a rental car for the weekend and owe only the co-pay... Driving home, I felt calm. I sped past a cop car along with everyone else, but no one was stopped.

Is someone looking out for me?

When I finally got home, I realized that I left my apartment keys on my car key chain in Greenville. I laughed out loud, and called my friend Misha, who was holding on to a spare for me. When I finally got in the apartment, the internet was working pretty well and I had a great video chat with Teddy. Later, my friends came over with white wine and snacks, unaware of the date, "just because it's been a while." It was wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I got all the way to the end saying to myself, man, what a weird post, has Tete gone crazy, how could he forget about the picnic, and why in the world did he take his Cadillac to the Saturn dealership, and who the hell is Misha??

    ReplyDelete