During the last couple years of her life, Vaiva and I were regular fans of the series Monk, the OCD-afflicted, oddball Sherlock Holmes knock-off.
Lately, Lokys and I have borrowed DVDs of the Showtime series Weeds from the library, and we're enjoying it. But last night we took a break from that to watch the movie Smart People, mostly because I’m a fan of Ellen Paige.
I've noticed a pattern.
Monk: Main character is obsessed with the premature death of his wife, the one true love of his life.
Weeds: Main character takes up selling marijuana to make ends meet after the premature death of her husband. Bonus: the friend character develops breast cancer.
Smart People: Main character becomes a withdrawn misanthrope after the premature death of his wife. When his daughter and brother donate the dead wife’s clothing to Good Will, he goes to the store to buy it back.
I should probably get out more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment